Monday 17 September 2012

This weekend according to Mallow

Friday:

Amy took Papa Cam and me to a hockey game. It was Victoria vs. Powell River. It was a very eventful game! Here are the highlights of the evening:

- I got my foot stuck climbing over a seat and badly bruised my ankle.
-I saw my first hockey fight. Amy says I am a real Canadian now.
- Amy and I both won bags of food from Fairway Market
- The Victoria Grizzlies scored the winning goal with 0.6 second left in the game!


Saturday:

Fairly uneventful. It was Mum Lily's birthday so we went out to dinner. As usual I ate very little, but it was good food. Back at home Amy and I watched Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows. It was a good fun movie.


Sunday:

Amy and I went bowling with Alan and Kate. It was lots of fun, but very, very tiring. I think I've lost more weight because my pants kept trying to fall down, and Amy won the game.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




On my mind right now:

1. Do people really think that it's comforting, when you tell them you may have leukemia, to tell you about someone they knew who died of it? When this was all starting out, a friend of ours told me about a girl she knew in grade 3 who died of leukemia despite 3 bone marrow transplants. That instills all kinds of hope, doesn't it?!

2. When I was in grade 5, there was a grade 4 girl who had cancer. I saw her at school once, wearing her bald head bravely. I wonder what happened to her, and where she is now.

3. I miss having the energy to do beadwork. Nowadays it seems like even trying to come up with new ideas for pieces takes too much energy out of me.

4. Chocolate covered cranberries are delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment