Sunday 2 September 2012

Beef noodles

While I was making beef noodles for dinner tonight, Amy bought me a wig just in case. It was 76% off, making the normally $100-something wig about $30. Japanese Kanekalon fibre, capless. It is the wig I chose to match my normal hair style and natural colour as perfectly as possible.

I brought up the issue of fertility today. I may lose any chance of having children if I have to go through chemo. Amy said that she doesn't think it is wise to freeze my eggs because of several reasons: Expense, time, and likelihood that we will be ready to have children before the eggs expire. I am OK with this. We can always adopt later anyway...or be childless. At this point I need to focus on staying healthy until the diagnosis comes.

Beef noodles is one of my favourite dishes. Here is how I make it, it's simple and delicious:

Cut up a small roast into chunks according to preference. While the chunks are cooking in a little olive or grapeseed oil, boil water for pasta. Broad egg noodles are best but macaroni works well too. When the roast chunks are cooked use the remainder of the oil to make a bechamel sauce (You may need to add a little butter. The bechamel sauce is simple - a little fat, a little flour, cooked. Add milk, about a cup. I add fresh garilc. Cook until thickened.) Add the roast back to the sauce. Drain the pasta when it is cooked al dente. Mix the two togehter OR serve the sauce on top of the noodles. Serve with salad or hot vegetables.

It takes about half an hour if you are slow with it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment