Tuesday 4 September 2012

Poke!

I just got back from the psychiatrist's office. She switched my antidepressant (celexa) with Cymbalta because of the pain I am having. "Essentially it is Celexa with an analgesic." She said. So I said I'd try it. She is worried about me.

Dr. Immelman (My psychiatrist) Said it's normal and understandable that my moods have been low lately. She encouraged me to keep blogging if it helps, and also not to give up on other things that I enjoy. Then she complimented my bracelet and asked if it was one that I had made. It was, and I explained to her the colour-changing properties of the simulated Alexandrite drops. She was impressed and asked about other things I made, so I showed off my ring (A black wire rose) and my magnetic anklet. She thinks I have talent.

So right now I am sitting in a mall food court drinking a large root beer from McDonald's, trying to pump fluid into me as fast as possible, and hand writing this blog post to put up later, because I went to the lab to get my blood work done and they poked me three times and still couldn't get any blood flow out of me. They told me to go and have some lunch, or at least something to drink, and come back so they could poke me again. I told one lady "I am not looking forward to doing this in school next year." She laughed and said "Don't worry, they'll all be old pros by the end of it." Yeah, but what about the beginning? Poke. Poke poke. POKE.

I want to go blackberry picking while I can still eat them. Chances are, if it's leukemia, I will have to go on to a low-bacteria diet, which means no berries or other fresh fruit, no sushi, etc. All the things I love will be GONE.

........Some kid, maybe 17 years old, just walked by with no pants on, just blue boxer shorts with pink cartoon piggies. You get all kinds around here, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment